Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Move, Part Two

Lucy & I are now two weeks into our cohabitation.  We've reconciled our inventories, and a few more items are going to go on the eBay/Craig's List/Freecycle chopping block.  Purging is my newfound love, but it has not replaced my lifelong passion: organization.  Luckily, the two complement each other nicely, and our ménage à trois has produced a sweet little living space.  Of course, it didn't hurt to have a girlfriend with excellent taste.

IMG_0492

The other night, The Lady & I watched Fight Club and I was reminded of one of the great Tyler Durden lines: The things you own end up owning you.  This is never more apparent than when you move; even trying to get rid of your stuff becomes a burden (as I complained about in my last post).

IMG_0493

At the end of the day, I'm glad to have an incentive to lighten the load.  I'm mentally streamlined - my psyche is now a dolphin.  Let's hope that this new dolphinness isn't countered by cable TV, which I'm enjoying for at home for the first time in 5 years, and which is more likely to turn one's psyche into algae.

IMG_0494

Huge thanks to everyone who helped with the move!  The Honor Roll:

  • Mom
  • Dad
  • Erika
  • Lucy's mom
  • Elliot
  • Kevin
  • Pam
  • Jason
  • Dan
  • Sean

Also, check out this comic Lucy did about the move, in which she selflessly pretends that she's been the grouchy one over the course of the last few weeks.

4 comments:

PI Visuals said...

Great to hear you two survived the move - can't wait until you throw a little house warming shindig. Still,I gotta ask, what's with you and dolphins?

Johnny5 said...

Dolphins are rad!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin

Daniel said...

Just found and downloaded Tiger Stance-- cool music!

Johnny5 said...

Thanks for the compliment, sir! I'm trying to get back into recording but I smashed the shit out of my right index finger while fixing my bike the other day, so no guitar or piano for a while.